Single Stop Announces Free Tax Prep Programs for Qualified Individuals in New Jersey
For Immediate Release
February 22, 2017
New York, NY – Single Stop, the national non-profit focused on eradicating poverty, announced today it has launched free tax prep programs in service areas throughout New Jersey. Along with various partner organizations, the program offers free tax preparation assistance to low- and moderate-income individuals who earn less than $54,000 per year. Preparation is done by IRS-trained volunteers who assist taxpayers in determining if they are eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit. Services are offered in both English and Spanish.
In addition to tax preparation services, participants will have the chance to utilize additional Single Stop services, including food, clothing and housing assistance, legal services, etc. Site coordinators will be on hand to help qualified people sign up for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), in addition to utility assistance and other social and financial service programs.
Prospective filers will need to bring the following items and documentation with them:
- A valid photo ID.
- Your W-2s and/or 1099s.
- Your 1095A or other Marketplace insurance forms.
- Social Security cards for you and everyone you claim on your returns.
- Previous years’ tax returns (if you have any).
- For direct deposit refunds, bring a canceled or voided check, or your bank account number and routing number.
Free tax preparation is offered at the following Single Stop sites in New Jersey:
- Camden County: Cathedral Kitchen, 1514 Federal St., Camden, NJ, 08105
- Morris County: Interfaith Food Pantry, 2 Executive Dr., Morris Plains, NJ, 07950
- Hudson County: The Hoboken Shelter, 300 Bloomfield St. Hoboken, NJ 07030
- Mercer County: Homefront, 1880 Princeton Ave. #3, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
- Ocean County: The BEAT Center 1769 Hooper Avenue Toms River, NJ 08753
For more information, call 2-1-1 or contact Kelly Curry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Single Stop USA is providing a solution to poverty in America through connecting people in need to the more than $1 trillion in governmental anti-poverty resources. These are existing, funded programs that are often under-marketed, with cumbersome application processes or ambiguous requirements. This confusion ends and the American Dream begins at Single Stop. In one visit, our world-class staff and state-of-the-art software suite create a unique profile and resource roadmap, based on an individual’s data. Leveraging these resources, our clients can move forward, progressing toward economic stability, empowered to reach their full potential.
The Social Innovation Fund (SIF) is a program of the Corporation for National and Community Service, a federal agency that engages millions of Americans in service through its AmeriCorps, Senior Corps, and Volunteer Generation Fund programs, and leads the President’s national call to service initiative, United We Serve. The SIF empowers organizations to identify and support sustainable solutions that are already making a significant impact in transforming communities. For more information, visit nationalservice.gov